Privacy Notice Events
Last updated: 22.02.2020
Astellas Pharma A/S (“Astellas“) respects your right to privacy. This Event Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you when you participate in any events such as an internal or external meeting, seminar, webinar, virtual event or conference (collectively referred to as an “event”) organised by Astellas, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Notice supplements our general Privacy Notice which is available here https://policy.astellas.dk/en-general-privacy-notice/. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Notice.
What does Astellas do?
Astellas is a global pharmaceutical business, whose ultimate parent company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients in the following key areas: transplantation, urology, oncology, anti-infectives. For more information about Astellas, please see the “About” section of our Website at https://www.astellas.com/eu/about/.
What personal information does Astellas collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
|Type of personal information||Why we collect it|
|We will collect personal information for you such as name, surname, job title & professional qualifications, contact details, employer information and information relating to business travel and other arrangements as part of our overall organisation and conduct of the event concerned.||We will use such information to track your participation via e.g. attendance sheets, to provide you services during such event such as hospitality and ensure that we organise an efficient and safe event, to receive from you feedback about the event and to monitor in general the way we conduct the event. If Astellas provide hospitality, such as meals, we retain the information for tax purposes.|
|We may also collect personal information such as IP addresses and device IDs if we use a mobile application or any online tool as part of the event. Where cookies or other tracking technology are used as part of this information collection, we will process such information in line with our Cookies Policy, which is available here https://policy.astellas.dk/en-cookie/.||We will use such information to provide the technical elements of the event such as a mobile application or WiFi access.|
|We may collect personal information about your dietary needs and disability requirements.||
We will use such information to provide you with appropriate information about access to the event, to provide appropriate food / drink to you and to fulfil our legal requirements.
Certain of this information may be considered sensitive personal information and so, where required by law, we will obtain your explicit consent before we use it.
Astellas may be conducting filming, photography, audio recording and other media recording (the “Recording Activities”) as part of our event. The Recording Activities will entail capturing your personal information, including your name, image, job title, voice, appearance and any information you disclose if you speak publicly at the event, as well as your opinions during the event in notes, reports and other formats. We may take photos and/or record (audio and/or video) an event or a meeting that Astellas organises in its premises or in third-party premises and to which you may participate. You may appear in the Recording Activities either in close-up photos/recording or in more general audience photo/recording.
The purposes of the Recording Activities is to use the material for external and/or internal distribution in order to increase awareness of Astellas events, train employees on various subjects and communicate initiatives.
Legal basis for processing personal information under this Notice
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Who does Astellas share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide services to us such as undertaking the filming of the event or providing hospitality services, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. We may also share personal information with other organisations with whom we may co-organise or co-sponsor an event. A list of our current group companies is available here: https://www.astellas.eu/contact/locations/;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our servers are located in Denmark, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate within and outside the EU/EEA, e.g. in the US and Japan. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. A copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request.
We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
How does Astellas keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include storing the personal information in internal systems and intranet sites, which are protected and with restricted access for certain only users and under the appropriate contractual and other technical safeguards.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Documentation for participation in meetings where Astellas provide hospitality, such as meals, we retain your personal information for a maximum of six years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, you can contact Astellas Pharma here. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our data protection officer using the following details: email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is Astellas Pharma a/s, Arne Jacobsens Allé 15, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark – CVR.: DK10888638.